Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Balance, Harmony, Contrast

As a lover of the outdoors, I also love the animals it harbors. This is the last picture I took of my dog before she passed and to me, it perfectly describes contrast, balance, and harmony.

The contrast in the picture shows between the shades of brown of her fur, and the sharp green of the grass she is laying on. There is also contrast in the fur on her face, between the dark brown/black color of her fur and nose, and the white fur taking over her face.

This photo shows balance with the position she is laying in, her head off center with her face following the rule of thirds, bringing the weight towards the top of the picture. Her body and my hand provide leading lines, leading the viewers eyes to the right side of the picture, bringing into focus the bright green of the grass and the white of my pale, almost vampire like skin.

The harmony in this photo shows in the calmness of her facial expression, and the relaxed body position. Just looking at this photo makes me feel nostalgic, and peaceful. The cool green color makes me feel calm, and this photo really captures the texture of her fur and it helps me image petting her soft head.

No comments:

Post a Comment